Shaw Metal Solutions have one of the highest volume CNC metal spinning production capabilities in the UK.
CNC or automatic metal spinning is ideal for higher volume production requirements produced with a highly accurate part to part tolerances.
Shaw metal are experts in all aspects of CNC metal spinning using the latest Leifeld metal spinning lathes. We are one of the few metal spinners who can offer a full turnkey service from in-house tooling manufacture to CAD design support and a full range of value-added fabrication and finishing services.
We work with all common metals including aluminium and mild still through to more challenging materials such as stainless steel and Inconel.
CNC metal spinning - key points
- Much faster production time
- Improved part to part tolerance
- Batch to batch repeatability
- Possible to spin shapes impossible with Hand Spinning
- Lower production part cost
- Longer required time to set up machine program
- Not suitable for prototypes / low volume production
CNC metal spinning process
This short video shows the CNC metal spinning process.
See how we turn a sheet of stainless steel in to a wash basin in less than three minutes!